Lesson on WASH in HCFs intervention in Uganda
This project is a 12-month project with support from the Government of Japan. The project supported the Government of Uganda COVID-19 emergency response through provision of life saving health, nutrition, water, sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) services in the most vulnerable districts, including refugee hosting districts, Karamoja and COVID-19 hotspot areas in Uganda.
The specific WASH interventions were;
- Upgrading of water systems, solar powered systems
- provision of latrine facilities for patients (separate for men and women) including bathing facility for women near the maternity ward.
- Provision of facilities for waste management (incinerator, placenta pit and other solid waste management systems
- Provision of WASH supplies.
- Mentoring of health workers on infection prevention and control.
More details are found here