Case study on the use of innovative approaches to enable safe water and environmental cleaning practices
A path for scaling-up technology, capacities and solutions
Different type electric chlorinators were installed in targeted health care facilities in response to Covid19. A total of 35 electrolytic chlorinators were installed in 35 Hospitals across the country during 2020/21.
- The machine allows the production of 4 liters of CL for 1KG of table salt, which is used for disinfection of water and cleaning surfaces.
- Patients and surrounding communities were engaged to understand their needs for the product
- Communities provide salt to hospitals, and also exchange salt with other commodities (soap and hand sanitizer)
- Win-win situation for both communities and HCF
- Pedro Ogando dos Santos (WASH specialist) email@example.com
- Dr. Ana Cristina Guillen (WASH-IPC officer) firstname.lastname@example.org
- David Simon (Chief WASH) email@example.com